Nowadays I have been pondering an issue upon which I have been lost in contemplation for a long time.
I live in a group, a family which is expanding into a larger scale such as school environment, office , etc. Apart from that, I watch television which makes me a part of a different group whose members are completely unconscious of one another (I mean that everyone may watch television, and people know this fact, but they are not acquainted with other people who are watching.) So far, you may not discern what I am trying to say. I am trying to say that we communicate through "words" which are the signs and the proof of being human beings. But the words we are using may mean different things.
For instance...
a "word" may mean something "good" and something "bad" at the same time. Presumably, the usage of the word is contingent on the occasion on which it is used and the person by whom it is used. To be more clear, I will limit my topic to a "word" that I happened to hear all the time when I was at school, while watching television, and even in a bus when I am on my way home or to school. Here is the example that I heard while I was on the bus :"Gees, she's is f...ing beautiful!.." (The "word" was poured out from the a boy on seeing a girl with an ample back.) Here is an another one: " I f... your mother if you don't give me my money back on time next time!!!" (The word was said during an argument between two boys around the age of 21-22.) In my neighbourhood. There were some boys who got married in 2011 and now they are about to "start a family" and those guys (I clearly remember) used to swear at "girls" by using the sentence starting "f..ing, f... you all, f... off!"
My point is what is the use of this word and its function when put in action. When you are angry, frustrated and mad you call out "f...!" all the time out loud. And according to my research about the literal meaning of "f..." is having sexual intercourse with someone. "Having Sexual intercourse with SOMEONE." I wanted to repeat the sentence that I have just written, since it is clashing with the definition of the word phrases that I am about to write. "Sleep with sb., have sex with sb., make love with sb., have intercourse with sb." all have the same definition of the word "f..."
OK. Here is the point in which I get too confused. When you are frustrated (especially when you are younger and your manners are fully loose.) you say "f..." (You say this word because you wish to make it happen.) and then when you get mature enough, you meet "a person" and "then" you marry and "then" you...do what you say when you are extremely angry.
After that so many questions arise from here: Is f...ing, sleeping with sb., having intercourse with sb.,etc. a curse or merit; a punishment or reward; a way of expressing your anger or happiness?
From what I have written above here, I have realized that people who tend to read my writings here will think that this person (which is "ME") is a student studying sociology & psychology and linguistics working on her MA entitled " The Ways Showcasing of People's Feeling in Psychological and Sociological Basis: Swearings. or this person needs to "f...ed up" as soon as possible.
A cup of Turkish coffee is on me for whom can make clear this issue to me.
PS: This offer will unfortunately be limited to people who dwell in the borders of Turkey, Istanbul, I am sorry that it is matter of location.
I live in a group, a family which is expanding into a larger scale such as school environment, office , etc. Apart from that, I watch television which makes me a part of a different group whose members are completely unconscious of one another (I mean that everyone may watch television, and people know this fact, but they are not acquainted with other people who are watching.) So far, you may not discern what I am trying to say. I am trying to say that we communicate through "words" which are the signs and the proof of being human beings. But the words we are using may mean different things.
For instance...
a "word" may mean something "good" and something "bad" at the same time. Presumably, the usage of the word is contingent on the occasion on which it is used and the person by whom it is used. To be more clear, I will limit my topic to a "word" that I happened to hear all the time when I was at school, while watching television, and even in a bus when I am on my way home or to school. Here is the example that I heard while I was on the bus :"Gees, she's is f...ing beautiful!.." (The "word" was poured out from the a boy on seeing a girl with an ample back.) Here is an another one: " I f... your mother if you don't give me my money back on time next time!!!" (The word was said during an argument between two boys around the age of 21-22.) In my neighbourhood. There were some boys who got married in 2011 and now they are about to "start a family" and those guys (I clearly remember) used to swear at "girls" by using the sentence starting "f..ing, f... you all, f... off!"
My point is what is the use of this word and its function when put in action. When you are angry, frustrated and mad you call out "f...!" all the time out loud. And according to my research about the literal meaning of "f..." is having sexual intercourse with someone. "Having Sexual intercourse with SOMEONE." I wanted to repeat the sentence that I have just written, since it is clashing with the definition of the word phrases that I am about to write. "Sleep with sb., have sex with sb., make love with sb., have intercourse with sb." all have the same definition of the word "f..."
OK. Here is the point in which I get too confused. When you are frustrated (especially when you are younger and your manners are fully loose.) you say "f..." (You say this word because you wish to make it happen.) and then when you get mature enough, you meet "a person" and "then" you marry and "then" you...do what you say when you are extremely angry.
After that so many questions arise from here: Is f...ing, sleeping with sb., having intercourse with sb.,etc. a curse or merit; a punishment or reward; a way of expressing your anger or happiness?
From what I have written above here, I have realized that people who tend to read my writings here will think that this person (which is "ME") is a student studying sociology & psychology and linguistics working on her MA entitled " The Ways Showcasing of People's Feeling in Psychological and Sociological Basis: Swearings. or this person needs to "f...ed up" as soon as possible.
A cup of Turkish coffee is on me for whom can make clear this issue to me.
PS: This offer will unfortunately be limited to people who dwell in the borders of Turkey, Istanbul, I am sorry that it is matter of location.
No comments:
Post a Comment